With the contribution of our financial partners, and in memory of David Pouliot, the CHSQ offers all those affected by a bleeding disorder the possibility to obtain a scholarship in two categories.
Goals of the scholarship and bursary program
- Encourage young people living with a bleeding disorder to continue their collegial, university or vocational studies
- Encourage people with a bleeding disorder to return to school or follow a continuing education course in their field.
Description of the two categories
Scholarships are intended for members who have a bleeding disorder and studying at the collegial or university level, or at a vocational institution.
Mature student bursary
This category includes members with a bleeding disorder wishing to return to school, to take continuing education classes in their field or to begin a course of studies at any level.
Admissibility criteria for the various categories
- Be a Canadian citizen and having a home in Quebec for six months.
- Be a person living with an inherited bleeding disorder.
- Be a member of the CHSQ.
- Be a student in a recognized collegial, university or vocational institution OR be registered in a recognized academic institution to return to studies or be registered or intend to register for a vocational course.
- Have received no more than three bursaries or scholarships in the past years.