Hemophilia Ontario Volunteer Awards
Recognizing and honouring volunteers sets a standard for service, encourages a sustained commitment to civic participation, and inspires others to make service a central part of their lives. Hemophilia Ontario Awards recognize individuals that have made a significant contribution to the inherited bleeding disorders community. This Volunteer Award Program is a way to thank and honour those who, by their commitment and example, inspire others to engage in volunteer service.
Please note: Individual Awards may not be awarded annually.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE FRIDAY MARCH 16, 2018. Please see individual application for submission information.
This award commemorates James’ lifelong commitment to Hemophilia Ontario and people living with inherited bleeding disorders in Ontario. Nominees are those individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to the Society’s mission and values, and demonstrated outstanding contributions.
Purpose: The James Kreppner Distinguished Volunteer Award recognizes outstanding contributions through:
- Commitment to furthering the Mission and Values of Hemophilia Ontario
- Visionary Leadership
- Independent Thought
Hemophilia Ontario is home to dedicated innovators and leaders who are committed to helping the organization reach its mission. The core values of trust, respect and collaboration play out every day at Hemophilia Ontario. These values extend beyond the office walls in the countless hours volunteers give to helping others in the community. This award recognizes a current or past Hemophilia Ontario President, Hemophilia Ontario Board Member, Committee Chair, or Regional Chair.
The recipient, if any, will be selected by the president in his/her sole discretion, after a review of nominations and the recommendation of the Awards Committee.
Purpose: The President’s Award provides recognition of an individual who made an outstanding contribution to Hemophilia Ontario through:
- Outstanding professionalism
- Contributions enhancing the reputation of Hemophilia Ontario
- Distinguished service at the local and/or provincial level
This award commemorates Ann’s long term commitment, caring and compassion towards those living with an inherited bleeding disorder and is reserved for a member of any Hemophilia Treatment Centre team serving Ontario patients. Nominees go beyond the confines of their job description to partner with Hemophilia Ontario in enhancing the lives of people in the inherited bleeding disorders community.
Purpose: The Ann Harrington Award provides recognition of a member of any Hemophilia Treatment Centre serving Ontario patients through:
- Outstanding care and compassion
- Leadership and collaboration in their field
- Participation in support programs
- The development of innovative education opportunities
The Shawn Duford Grass Roots Leadership Award honours Shawn’s lifelong goal of ensuring individuals with inherited bleeding disorders and their families would always find support close to home. This award commemorates Shawn’s commitment to ‘grassroots’ or local leadership. It recognizes regional members who through an inherent desire to serve others, a collaborative approach and initiative have built regional community.
Purpose: The Shawn Duford Grass Roots Leadership Award provides recognition of exceptional local involvement through:
- The spirit of community service, volunteering time, energy and talent to benefit the community
- Exemplary initiative and creativity in his/her service to others
- Serves as a role model for other in his/her community, inspires others to engage in volunteer service
- Displays a sense of humour
The Honourary Lifetime Membership Award is bestowed to a small but distinguished group of individuals who have been recognized for providing significant continuous and extraordinary service to Hemophilia Ontario. This award is a means of recognizing and thanking long-time Society members for their contributions as well as a means of keeping a valuable resource of experience and expertise available to other members of Hemophilia Ontario.
- Long term commitment to Hemophilia Ontario by at least 20 years of membership and active participation
- Substantial contributions to Hemophilia Ontario Mission and Vision
- Current or past member of Hemophilia Ontario
Volunteer Service Pins are awarded to volunteers by Hemophilia Ontario annually at Regional General Meeting, in honour of the hard work and many hours of service donated to the Society. The increments that the pins are awarded is as follows:
- 1 year
- 5 years
- 10 years
- 15 years
Purpose: The Volunteer Service Pins recognize ongoing involvement as demonstrated by recipients through:
- Representing Hemophilia Ontario with a positive image of pride and dignity in the organization
- Ability to work with others
- Willingness, dependability and loyalty
This award recognizes youth (ages 13-25) who have made outstanding contributions to their regional communities through volunteering diligently in their community to support Hemophilia Ontario. Youth Leader recognition is awarded to volunteers by Hemophilia Ontario annually at Regional General Meetings as recognized by their local council.
Purpose: The Leaders of Tomorrow Award recognizes involvement through:
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, innovation and achievement
- Establishing a positive profile within the Hemophilia Ontario community
- Teamwork and consensus building through effective communication
The Hemophilia Ontario Staff Leadership Award celebrates, promotes and encourages quality service that reflects the values of our organization. Nominees exhibit warmth, energy, and enthusiasm. They demonstrate a strong commitment to developing their personal knowledge about issues affecting people with inherited bleeding disorders, willingly advocate on their behalf and engage the community they serve.
Purpose: The Hemophilia Ontario Staff Leadership Award recognizes exceptional staff service through:
- Support for members and their families
- Support for other staff
- Innovation and Responsiveness
- Ethics and Courage
- Professionalism and Competence
- Commitment and Enthusiasm
- Administrative and Corporate services