Dates: 2018 are not confirmed
**Both camps run during the same week
All requested paperwork and registration must be received before June 15, any packages received after that date will not be accepted for camp.
Did you know you and your family can attend camp kindle to see what it looks like. Attend the Camp Kindle Family Retreat on April 28, 29,30, 2017.
Two camps offered:
- Camp SunMaker (for 7 – 17 year olds)
Camp SunMaker offers children a chance to get outdoors and meet new friends. At camp, they find much-needed camaraderie along with healthy doses of outdoor fun, including hiking, rafting, wall climbing, swimming, archery, the high ropes and the giant swing.
- Camp SunSeeker (for 14 – 17 year olds)
SunSeeker is an outdoor leadership program that focuses on personal development. By experiencing the outdoors, youth learn a new set of skills and sense of adventure. The program focuses on developing both ‘hard’ skills such as packing for a hike or knot tying and ‘soft’ skills, such as communication with peers and patience.SunSeeker promotes physical fitness, mental well-being, environmental awareness, and personal growth in a supportive, exciting outdoor environment. Youth are supported by the SunSeeker coordinators and highly skilled volunteers.Onsite activities include meal preparation, fire building, shelter building, hiking, biking, environmental stewardship etc. Out-trip activities can include hiking, mountain biking, caving, rock climbing, canoeing, kayaking, etc.
Who can attend
- Children age 7 – 17 years old
- Children must be diagnosed with a bleeding disorder and be registered with a Comprehensive Bleeding Disorders Clinic in Alberta.
- 45 minutes north of Cochrane, west on Highway 579
- 29479 Range Road 61 Water Valley, Alberta
- Map and directions
- HTC nurses attend camp yearly with the children.
- There is a medical clinic available for treatments.
How to register
- Registration packages will be mailed out by the Hemophilia Treatment Clinics.
- If you do not receive a package by April 15 please contact your local clinic.
- All requested paperwork and registration must be received before June 15
- Registration will occur on a first come, first served basis.
- If your registration has been received after the quota has been reached, your child will be put on a waiting list.
Questions about camp
- Contact us with any questions.