A Patient Videoconference on Inhibitors & New Novel Therapies –
Answering Your Questions!
Monday November 2, 2020 ; 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM Eastern time
The CHS invites you to a live educational session aimed to improve your understanding of FVIII/ FIX inhibitors and treatment options, with a special focus on emicizumab. The event will cover questions that patients and their families have about treatment and overall care based on numerous questions the CHS has received over the past year. An open Q&A and discussion period with attendees will conclude the virtual event.
The target audience for this presentation is adults and families living with inhibitors and all those interested to learn more about emicizumab.
- Vanessa Bouskill, MN, RN(EC) Nurse Practitioner-Paediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Manuel Carcao MD, Hospital for Sick Children
- Georges-Étienne Rivard, MD, CHU Sainte-Justine (Moderator)
- Jean St-Louis, MD, FRCPC, Hôpital Maisonneuve-Rosemont
- Jerry Teitel, MD, St. Michael’s Hospital
The topics of this webinar will include the following:
- Introduction to inhibitor development – who and why?
- How patients with inhibitors have been historically managed and what has changed
- Emicizumab – what is it and what do studies tell us about its effectiveness and safety
- Practical aspects of being on Emicizumab
- How to manage bleeds and surgery when on Emicizumab
- The future of immune tolerance induction (ITI) therapy and bypassing agent (FEIBA/rFVIIa) prophylaxis
Save the date, and register now to join live!
To participate please register below (there is no cost).
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information about how to join the videoconference.
We want to hear from you!
The panel is already accepting questions (via the registration form below) – send them in today!
Please note that the presentations will be in English but questions can be asked in French during the Q&A.