CONGRATULATIONS TO BOJAN PIRNAT AND JEREMY HALL WHO WERE BOTH CHOSEN TO BE AWARDED THE KARTTIK SHAH FELLOWSHIP! They will be attending the WFH Congress 2018 and reporting back in the summer 2018 edition of Hemophilia Today.
The CHS Karttik Shah Youth Fellowship was initiated in memory of Karttik Shah of Toronto, Ontario, in recognition of his commitment to hemophilia youth programming in Canada and abroad, and, in particular, for his participation over many years on the CHS Board of Directors and the World Federation of Hemophilia Youth Committee. In order to promote the development of its future leaders, the CHS will offer one or more fellowships to enable Canadian youth who are committed to long-term involvement in the CHS to attend the Hemophilia 2018 World Congress taking place in Glasgow, Scotland, May 20-24, 2018.
Details about the WFH Congress are available at www.wfh.org/congress/en . The fellowship programme is open to Canadian youths with an inherited bleeding disorder between 18 and 30 years of age. A Selection Committee will choose the recipient from the received applications based on merit and quality of the application.
Criteria for Karttik Shah Youth Fellowship
To qualify, the following criteria need to be met:
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident between the ages of 18-30 with hemophilia, another rare factor deficiency, von Willebrand disease, including carriers.
- Applicant must be able to communicate in English, the official language of the Congress.
- Applicant must have been an active volunteer of the CHS or one of its chapters for at least the past year.
- Applicant must be committed to volunteering with the CHS for at least the next two years.
Selected youth delegate will receive:
- Hotel accommodation in Glasgow May 19 to 25, 2018 inclusively;
- Return economy class airfare from the airport nearest to where he/she lives to Glasgow along with airport tax and transportation to and from airports;
- Free registration to 2018 World Congress.
Qualifying participant will receive full details regarding transportation arrangements. Please note that there will be medical personnel and a bleeding disorder treatment centre on site.
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED